Serving Portland, Oregon since 1993
Let Portland Powder Finish Your Job!
- Powder Coating for manufacturers, fabricators, and consumers
- Restorations and home decor
- Outdoors and extreme sports equipment
- Motorcycle and auto body parts
- Bicycle frames, wheels, and accessories
- Got another idea? Contact us or visit us on Facebook to check out recent projects
- Se habla español, pregunta por Juan.
About UsPortland Powder Coating celebrated it’s 25th year in business, January 2018. We are a family-owned powder coating and sandblasting job shop serving both the manufacturing and retail markets of Portland, Oregon. Our services include: powder coating, sandblasting, friendly service, coating removal, light fabrication, assembly, warehousing, welding, delivery, and drop shipment.
What is powder coating?Powder coating is applied as a dry powder (polyester) and then cured in an oven. The part to be coated is grounded and the powder receives an electrostatic charge as it is sprayed and is attracted to ground. This keeps the coating in place until it is oven cured. No hazardous waste is generated in our process. We use no solvents.
What can be powder coated?Most objects that are powder coated are made of metal, and most metal objects that are painted are powder coated. Powder cures at a minimum 350˚f, therefore the product to be coated must be able to handle that temperature. Here are a few:
- Metal fence and railing
- Patio furniture
- Automotive parts and wheels
- Sheet metal and metal stampings
- Aluminum castings and extrusions
- Structural Steel
- Ornamental wrought iron
- Bicycle and Motorcycle parts and wheels
- Garden and outdoor equipment
- Off-road, ATV, and sand-rails
- Marine and boat parts
- Industrial components
- Gym and playground equipment
- Metal Sculpture and Art
GreenWe use sustainable, green business practices and are certified by Portland General Electric for using 100% renewable energy. You can be sure your next project will look great and have a minimal effect on the environment as well. Want to learn more about our RoHS compliant shop and how we operate? Check out the services page!
- Environmentally friendly
- Tough and Durable
- Colorful and Attractive
- Doesn’t contain any volatile organic compounds
- Doesn’t contain carcinogens like spray paint
Why Portland Powder
- Over 25 years in business
- Friendly customer service
- Environmentally conscious
- Winner of The City of Portland’s BEST Award
- Uses 100% renewable energy
- Centrally located
I have used Portland Powder Coating for all of my Powder Coating needs for the last 3+ years. PPC has powder coated thousands of parts for me ranging from large (700# 22′ long table base) to very small parts (hardware detail) with very few quality issues. Their pricing is always fair and they provide better than industry standard turnaround time. Whether your project is glossy or matte, textured or smooth … If you need a color match or are looking for good inventory of stock colors, you won’t be disappointed.
We worked with Portland Powder for years. Derek and his crew always served us well – no matter how difficult our product was (our stuff isn’t easy!). Great service, great company. In my opinion, the only full service powder choice in the northern Willamette Valley.
GREAT service all around!!! Finished products are exactly the way we expected and our customers love them too! Highly recommend and look forward to many more projects. Thank you Derek and his team at Portland Powder Coating, Inc for everything you do to assure our products are showroom quality!
The work on our patio furniture exceeded our expectations, your staff was very friendly & you were able to get it done on time in our limited time frame. Thank you!